We know, it’s a busy time of year and there are lots of demands on your time. So we thought we’d give you a few good reasons why you should come to the REACH Annual Meeting next week.
1. Good food: the venue and the snacks are provided by our good friends at the Massachusetts Medical Society, and they’re always a hit.
2. Susan Fargo – retiring this year from the Massachusetts State Senate, she has been an ally of the anti-domestic violence movement for as long as she’s served. We’re sad to see her go but thrilled to be presenting her with the Ruth Bigwood Voice for Justice Award.
3. Joan Heilbronner – the force of nature who organizes all of the food for REACH’s annual Holiday Gift Party, she likes to serve behind the scenes but we’re bringing her out into the light to present her with this year’s Virginia Bigwood Voice for Justice Award.
4. Pat Tutwiler – the principal of Wayland High School, he’s a big supporter of our Peers Against ViolencE program promoting healthy relationships among teens and a great friend to the organization, and we’re excited that he’s accepting this year’s Mary Young Voice for Justice Award.
5. Survivor Speaker – hear directly from a young woman who has overcome her experience of domestic violence about the importance of the supportive services she received.
We hope you’ll join us next Thursday at 6:30! Let us know if you’re coming by calling Courtney at (781) 891-0724 ext. 104.
Did we miss any reasons? If you think of any we forgot to mention, leave us a comment below. We’ll see you next Thursday.